Wednesday, November 22, 2006

More grumpy pictures and Fort Hill

A couple of posts back I showed you a picture of Miriam and me and a half-demolished plate of sugar cleverly disguised as Apple and Walnut French Toast (not sure if that should be capitalised so I've put caps in this post and avoided them in the previous one, to ensure I'll be right at least once!) Here's some other shots from that trip to Dennis, which we did with Jim.


Here's Miriam holding me up to read the sign at Grumpy's. She clearly thinks I'm blind. Which I'm not. And I can tell you I got sick of the snide allusions to grumpiness in me and how appropriate it was that we were having breakfast at a place that was named after me etc etc etc. Blimey she gets my goat sometimes. Anyway...

Then there's this shot of me on Jim's glass of coke. Very bloody funny. I'm an odd shape and I don't straighten up very well so everybody thinks they're so clever when they realise they can hang me off the edges of things. So, here's me hanging around with Jim. Ye gods.

On the way home we stopped by a place called Fort Hill. It has an amazing view, which your friendly Australian nutcase will show you in the picture below, and no doubt the place has some historical significance. No doubt there was a Fort. And I'm guessing the hill part was related to the slight lumpiness in the landscape... Whatever. She wasn't concentrating because of all the SUGAR. I'm glad she took a shot of these whale jawbones though. Makes you stop and think doesn't it. Perhaps we're all just krill, in the scheme of things. Jim certainly seems to think so! That's him playing Jonah.



And then Miriam decided to point to something. We'll never know what it was. Possibly an ambulatory sugar cube. Possibly a storm coming in. Possibly nothing at all. You know what she's like.

1 comment:

Joe Z said...

Oi Sis!

How ya doin' matey. Long time no hear... drop me a line when you get the chance.

Your Bro


Joe